Friday, September 24, 2010

Weather Woes

One thing that always confuses me out here is the weather. A majority of the time, I have some kind of resentment complex concerning the perfect temperature. Where's the rain??? Where's the humidity??? Why is it always sunny???

I know people move out here for the weather. I was not one of those. I like overcast days. Here, the sun has a serious ego issue. If the day is overcast, you can see rays stabbing through the clouds, while the sun tries to peek through. But oh, the sunsets over the ocean.... I can't argue then. Pastel clouds, like a psychadelic easter egg hunt, plaster the sky for a brief span of time before the sun begrudgingly slides below the sea.

I like the weather here only when it's at war with itself.

1 comment:

  1. Truthfully, I usually like the sunny weather. Right now, not so much. That beautiful first day of fall was such a tease! Overcast and sleepy... Bring it on!

    ReplyDelete