Friday, August 12, 2011

Past Moments

These moments of you and I
They hang around, taunting me
Little reminders of the past
Little scars to pick at
Wandering darkened cities of death
My own personal paparazzo
Cloistered in the delinquents’ hangout
Sketching ink and follicle
Dancing angels in abandoned garages
While tears meet sweat-sticky skin
Open empty hours by the phone
Counting seconds marching into the night
Dancing round each other and the issues
Moving against each other in defiance
My first gift of velvet and dangerous metal
The final goodbye of bitter pixilated regret
Wandering the labyrinth of wood and paper
Hoping to avoid you and your new love
Wandering the grid of glittering cobblestones
Hoping to forget you, my love
Nights perched on the edge of the gutter
Weaving through crowds with abandon
My Quarter consort and companion
My treacherous jester, deceitful and cruel
That first moment of discovery
Painting the hair of a militant prankster
That first moment of realization
With stars, tattered cloth, and salty air
The final moment of pretense
Where I called you out and you shut me off
The final moment of waste
Such a long journey, so little time to spare
I remember all these things
What I once held so dear
Now I place them back on the shelf
And wander to a different space

No comments:

Post a Comment