Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Sweet surrender

As the sun sliding over the horizon
Gold creeping along the edges
I feel this steady building
A heavy expansion from within
Gently pushing against my ribcage
Delicately tapping at the tip of my spine
Echoing through the caverns of my mind
Caressing my skin from within
Spreading this glinting sensation
As surely as the rays pierce the sky
Warming my nerves to tingle
Setting my flesh to blushing heat
My eyes flutter against the sound
My muscles clench in languorous desire
Chills crisscross along and through me
And I don’t even try to fight this
My fingers itch to express
My knuckles ache with emotion
My shoulders gyrate to ease the tension
My neck drops in surrender
I know better than to focus
I give in to this sensation
The eternal hope of dawn
The constant relief of music

No comments:

Post a Comment