Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Overcast glee

A Haiku for today’s weather


The sky hangs heavy

Bloated clouds in shades of grey

Somber, cold morning


This is the kind of weather that makes me want to:

A) Wrap myself up in a fluffy blanket and drink hot tea

B) Take the metro to the heart of the city and people-watch

C) Take lots of pictures

It so rarely rains out here, that when it finally does, I get overwhelmed and can’t figure out how to celebrate it. While I was taking out the garbage this morning, I got distracted by my apartment building’s landscaping- it’s nothing special, but the combination of low lighting, the glistening raindrops clinging to the leaves, and the chill in the air… I felt like I was on the edge of a magical forest. I’m still beating myself up over the fact that I didn’t take any pictures! Hopefully it’ll rain again and I can get some shots after work. I can just imagine my neighbors’ reactions- “Why is that girl standing in the back alley and taking pictures of ferns?...”

No comments:

Post a Comment