Saturday, January 8, 2011





This city prevents me from the stifling claustrophia
The sky stretches out into eternity, the mountains cradle the skyline
While salted winds playfully collide among the palm trees
Even though the ground is barren, I have sprouted roots
I no longer need spanish moss to tether me to my love for a city
I have strong and stable footing, the gravity of my confidence anchors every step
I look to the sky for comfort
Its innocent blue, sunsets the color of easter, sunrises the texture of creation
The ominous yellow creeping low against the hills
the mirror that is the ocean, where light refracts in neverending waves
I look to myself for strength
My heart is filled to the brim with glorious love
The curve of my spine cradles all the butterflies in my stomach
My soul is strong and sure in the knowledge that I follow a clear path
I look to the city for inspiration
The lofty hills and their view of all that is laid out before me
The rolling and rocking of the Metro and its invitation to hidden treasures
The countless cultures and their coy demonstrations of influence
There is so much here, if you only allow yourself to see it
It's difficult to fall in love with this city, it's all too easy to desire it
But there's so much more than the streets heavy with dreams of fame
And the flashing lights of glory and lust
There is music and there is laughter and there is beauty
All you have to do is gently search it out

No comments:

Post a Comment