Monday, January 24, 2011

We were of a mind to tell the future

So we gathered from far off corners

So as to renew bonds

And strike new confidences

We feasted on juicy bejeweled crowns

Spiced meats mysterious

Bloody fruits and muddled flowers

Handmade comforts tasting of love

The cards were drawn with bated breath

Liberty, Bondage, Nature, Defeat, Innocence

We rationalized fate

And challenged preconceived notions

“A card is thin sliced paper,

Too fragile to hold such a heavy burden”

Though words made light of shadows

Fear still holds quite a weight

Thus we keep an eye on the horizon

So as to avoid deadly pitfalls

And cling to like minds

Who will understand our trepidation

I dance away my concerns

With music made poetic

I write off my doubts

With words made lyrical

This is all I can hope

The year will be well

My actions will be wise

I will not fall to self-fulfilling prophecy.

No comments:

Post a Comment