Friday, April 8, 2011

Devotion

You’ll never know how much I truly love you.
These flames in my heart have been willingly tempered
So as to forge a blade to battle the years
You’ve resided in my soul for so long, a place worn familiar
So that even though miles divide us, I know you are near
You were placed so high on a pedestal that would cause vertigo
And would seem you were destined to fall and shatter in my sentiments
But I have made sure to provide steps for you to reach an equal level
So I can look straight at you and see you as you are
This evolution of our friendship, I wouldn’t trade it for the world
Never have I given so much calm effort and received so much in return
You know me, you know my flaws and struggles
So you know how hard I fight against myself to offer what I can
We have stalked the dark streets
We have wandered the sculptural landscape in dappled days
We have lost all we loved in water and wind
We have created new worlds in lands unknown
We have been divided by love and loss
We have been reunited by hope for a better future
No matter what happens in the days to come,
Know the days we have shared mean the world to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment