Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Homecoming

I feel her roots twining through my heart
Grasping at strings and bringing tears to my eyes
She can tell I’m near and prepares for my arrival
With dreams, visions and fantasies
My soul floats between the two worlds
To where I’m uncertain as to my location
Do I careen among the palm trees
Or dance beneath shady oaks?
She waits for me, a bounty of love
Cobbled streets to tread
Loved ones to clasp my hands
Hours to while away in abandon
I see shadows of her in the heavy clouds
I hear the echo of her voice in the ocean
I feel her moist touch in the wind
My senses willingly betray me with their yearning for her presence
I am soon to see her
Soon to be welcomed in her embrace yet again
Yet each time the pain manifolds and manifests
When I once again tear myself away from her
To where my anticipation wars with regret
And I dread the trip equally as I desire
For I know it will be all too short
And my hours with her too limited
But I know she waits for me
Time is paid no heed
Love is as devoted as ever
For while she is in my heart, I am ever in hers

1 comment: